View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #16
Mark

Thumbs down What you did wrong. Read if you dare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29
I was in the left lane doing about 70 in a 65. I came up on a car doing about 65, and with more than enough room to move over, didn't. I gave a quick flash of the high beams, and still nothing. So of course I have to be the a-hole and pass them on the right. As I go by I look over, and both the driver and the passenger are flipping me the bird. What did I do wrong?
All of the GO FAST people do not get it. What did you do wrong?

You have to ask that question after you freely admit to exceeding the speed limit? What you did wrong was exceed the speed limit. You broke the law. You were driving in an unsafe manner. Keeping us safe on the roads or the water is what speed limits are all about. The left lane car was running a rolling road block which is an idea that police have adopted and sometimes perform. It is a common practice among do-gooders.

This is a safety and legal issue. The Left Lane Cars that are going at the maximum allowable speed are protecting the small hard to see cars from the huge SUVs pick-ups and trucks. They are doing us all a service by keeping all those go fast (GF) drivers from breaking the law too. Speeders scare people in the smaller low-to-the-ground cars. Watching a huge SUV speeding up behind your small car gets their blood pumping. Will they see you in time to slow down? Could they stop in time if they needed to? Scary!

Why should anyone get out of your way so that you can go faster than the speed limit? It is crazy idea. What do they call someone who aids another in violating a law? Accomplices. There are legal ways to get people to move from the left lane. Such as legal front facing red or blue lights with or without siren.

This is somewhat similar to those who ignore the anchoring rules and anchor their boat too close to you. You anchored legally but once the other boat moved in you are now illegally anchored. You are both at fault for violating the anchoring rules amd subject to tickets even though you changed nothing. You allowed the law violation to occur.

Of course there are people who believe that speed limits and rules do not apply to them on land or sea (lake too). They use their own rational to justify their own modification of the rules and laws. Truth hurts.

Another reason we need better cell phone coverage so people can alert the authorities to speed violators.