Thread: Amazing Voyage
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
jr616

Hopefully the powers that be along with you dog lovers will endure a feline based tale of woe.

Simon, our orange tiger DSH (domestic short hair), find his way to "sneak" out of the house. I say sneak b/c my husband has a tendency to forgetfully leave our basement door to the garage open.

It is 2 days until Christmas, 15 degrees, snowing with wind gusts to 30. I spend the next 36 hours calling him, leaving food by the door, walking the woods, leaving the garage door cracked open all night.

Now, having been a cat owner my entire life I know cats will come home I also know I live in the woods and can hear coyotes in my back yard howling after the "catch" their dinner.

At 1:30am the second night I am about to go up to bed and decide to check the garage one more time - sure enough there is our Simon munching down on the treats I left out for him. I slam the garage door shut and wrangle him into the house. Where I find he is not particularly cold but smells very much like the engine compartment of our BOAT - where he had surely been the entire time!

While we do not take the cats to the lake with us in the summer I feel Simon is officially a Winni - Cat!
jr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jr616 For This Useful Post: