Thread: Pan handling?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 07:39 PM   #30
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
I had occasion to pull into a parking space outside a huge Justice building. Knowing that I'd need 2 hours at the meter, I rummaged through my change. A teen approached my car carrying a fist-sized rock. He walked over to the meter, and gave it a learned whack! The meter instantly read 2 hours, so I was expected to hand over the $2 in change to the teen.

Some people can't foresee the destructive outcome of "harmless" panhandling on society.

The "One Broken Window" theory drove the greatest redirection of "harmless" enterprise in our lifetimes. I think we can foresee that it will shortly be overdue for a return.

I was talking about this particular post. So "IF" I am wrong and they were bothering people than yes, that is an issue. I'm not saying all panhandlers are good and don't try "scams" to get money. Go to DC, there are scammer Panhandlers on EVERY corner looking to make a buck.
It seemed like, in this post, the people weren't bothering anyone. But instead people in this thread/forum were quick to make judgements on people that they don't know the situation. That was my main point. Don't judge unless you know the entire situation. I don't know if they were bothering anyone, I don't know if they are rich, and neither does anyone here from what it sounds like.
It's just my observation.