View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #48
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Jo Jo's everyone favorite store, which they love to hate

Well I have been out on Long Island for 20 years now. And have been in and out of Jo Jo's many times. And I think as you ready this thread what needs to be remember is that we all have our own opinions.

Do I have my problems with the owner, who I feel can be abrassive and sometimes come off as rude especially to his help. Yes at times I do. But then again you know what he is dealing with high school and College students who lets face it aren't always the best of employees, so I can of just leave it at that, and also try and remember that store is dam busy all summer long, and you know, I might just get tired and grumpy too, trying to run the show.

Sure the prices are high, and I never do my entire weekend shopping there, but you know if I want a steak for the BBQ, a bag of chips, an extra 12 pack of soda / beer, or some patato salad, it sure beats running all the way into town. So I suck it up pay a few extra pennies and deal with it for the convience.

All in all Jo Jo's isn't that bad. And you have to remember they are people too, human after all. In fact I have even said something once or twice when in their and I thought the owner was a little out of line... sure he was grumpy with me as I checked out. But he realized that maybe yelling at his employee in front of everyone wasn't so smart.