View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #38
nell

Default OssipeeBoater get a break

As the discussion is about Jo Jo's, I limit my issue to that place; regardless of whether there are more tricky parking issues elsewhere. The front-of-the-store parking is dangerous to those driving on the road - the danger being from patrons backing onto the road. I have never been hit backing out of Jo Jo's and I have avoided being hit by patrons backing out w/out sufficient clearance to do so only b/c of my excellence and readiness in passing the store at a ridiculously slow rate of speed, foot hovering above the brake to use as necessary - as it often is when passing this store. With today's SUVs I can only surmise vision is blocked, at times, as I have had to hit my brakes to accommodate patrons backing out without, as stated, sufficient clearance to do so, on a number of occassions. When my daughter was a new driver I thought to point this out to Russ when she was almost slammed into by a Jo Jo's patron backing onto the road. Consequently, I have chosen to park on the side of the building when I choose to stop in for subs. Naturally, my daughter adopted my incredibly slow rate of speed whenever she passed the store in future - at least twice a day, until recently. But, by all means, I give you a break, and anything else you require. That does not change anything though, does it?
nell is offline   Reply With Quote