View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #37
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nell View Post
I agree that Jo Jo's has good subs and meats. I also agree that the prices are outrageous. Also, it would be nice to have my sub order correct now and again b/c when I get home w/wrong subs it is NOT CONVENIENT. And, btw, subs are the only thing I will buy there b/c my family LOVES them. However, I hate going to Jo Jo's b/c the owners are often RUDE, and yelling at somebody's child is never acceptable - regardless. Their rudeness has seemed to mellow with age, I'll admit. Even so, I remember how rude they were for the first 10 years or so w/amazement even now.

My family lived down the neck long before Jo Jo's ever took over from Brown's, (I think, and them from McCormack's) and often stop in there. So I am in no way a newbie. I worked in Center Harbor and called home to see if I could get anything on my way home - at Heath's, where the service is excellent and the food is too. I did this b/c shopping at Jo Jo's is not acceptable to me, as I have been treated rudely too many times to overlook the ignorance. Nevertheless, once home I would be asked to dash up to Jo Jo's. I would drive right by and continue to Heath's. If anyone passed out bubbly in welcome, it must have been an extraordinary day for that RUDE bugger. I would like to add that the only people who have been rude to me at Jo Jo's are the owners - never the employees.

I have never worked at Jo Jo's, and so have no axe to grind, although neighborhood children have worked there and have been treated miserably, for excellent work - good enough to be asked back year after year.

Also, I have served Russ numerous times and so, have had to suffer his "humor" which is political and disgusting to me, and not at all humorous. I bet the fella whose opinion I wholeheartedly agree w/is the swell employee who did make my subs correctly. I remember him fondly - even his name. He was an excellent employee to his customers, and, as employee of the year, apparently to his employers as well. Buzz was wonderful to deal with - in fact, it always amazed me that he was part of that truly rude family. Norman was also wonderful and warm. The young kids there are always polite. And the last person to screw up my sub order was Barb. So, no axe to grind, and I do love the subs (when the order is correct) but I cannot pretend that those people, though admittedly they have mellowed somewhat with age, are more than what Mr. Aviator said: rude, fake, YUK! I would not allow my daughter to apply there when she was a teenager.

I would also like to point out that parking in front is unsafe as some patrons back out into traffic without looking, or having their sight blocked by large cars parked next to them. Easily remedied, as there is sufficient parking on the sides. The owners should not allow parking in front, though. My daughter, now in her mid-twenties; was terrified to pass Jo Jo's as a new driver, having nearly been hit by patrons leaving. Even I, as an old driver, do not pass Jo Jo's in summer going more than 5 mph b/c we've all almost been victims to this dangerous parking situation. Not bad if you stop there every time you pass, but who would do that? I pointed this out to Russ a good 10 years ago but he was very rude about it. One day, this could lead to legal issues for him. If anyone does have a problem as a direct result of his front-of-the-store parking, and he has been cautioned of the potential problem, he can be held liable for setting up a dangerous situation.

I'm afraid some of you are nostalgic or just plain lucky. Many of us have tasted the rudeness that embodies Jo Jo's.

give me a break theres a lot worse places to pull out of than JoJo's parking lot and if you get hit backing out it's your fault not the stores.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote