View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
Aviatr

Thumbs down

The poster said "the owners are miserable, fake, rude to their customers". I have never seen evidence of that and I go there at least 2 time a week when they are open. Once in a while you might find the help a bit slow, but the owners are friendly, happy, real and nice to their customers. The poster worked there. \

LG- First of all, so what if "im a newbee" because Ive lived on the lake for over 25 years, I may not be a geezer but still, I have been around.

LG- You must be unaware of who the owners are then, because anyone that has gone into Jo Jo's has have a poor experience with them.

Also, let me share a couple experiences that will most likely leave a bad taste in your mouth...

Theres a big cage of beach balls in the store. Once a family with two little children was ordering some meat from me at the counter, (of which FYI I was employee of the year 3 years in a row, so its not bas work habits) and one of their little boys (no older than 4) took a ball out and rolled it to his brother. The owner, came around from behind the register and screamed at these two little boys stating "this is not a gym!!!!!"

How about this one..

Anyone who has gone to Jo Jo's is aware that they keep a book at the register and you are allowed write down your bill if you happen to be a little short on money accidently or if something isn't working with a card etc...

So..Camp Tecumsche (located 500 feet down the road) always USED TO come into Jo Jo's for subs, and drinks. Not any more. The camp prohibits the campers from giving Jo Jo's a penny. You must want to know why? The main chef at the camp, who happens to be a black man, one Sunday morning went up the road to buy a Boston Sunday Globe went to the register to pay, realized he had forgotten his wallet. Mind you the only thing he was purchasing was the Globe, and he was a frequent customer due to the proximity of camp and the store (atleast 5 days a week). Upon realizing he didn't bring his wallet he asked the owner if he could put his name down in "the book" and he will pay him most likely later than day or in a day or two AT MOST. The owner immediatly grabbed the paper out of the mans hands and said "No, we don't do that". THAT was the reason I left Jo Jo's. Not poor work habbits like you ASSUMED.

I am a pilot and flight instructor, please don't talk to me about poor work habbits lake geezer.

cheers:
Aviatr is offline   Reply With Quote