View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
Lakegeezer

Default Can't wait for opening day

Another complaint from a newbee? That's a lot of complaining for a second post on the forum. Nobody is forced to go to JoJos. As for me, I can't wait until they open, usually around the middle of April. That day in October when they close is like another leaf falling off the tree.

Sure, everything is at least a quarter (or more) more, but you save a buck in gas by not driving to Heaths. Its not the place to do the weekly grocery shopping, but for a few things needed quickly, its so nice not to have to face summer-time traffic on route 25.

The poster said "the owners are miserable, fake, rude to their customers". I have never seen evidence of that and I go there at least 2 time a week when they are open. Once in a while you might find the help a bit slow, but the owners are friendly, happy, real and nice to their customers. The poster worked there. Maybe it was the work habits that brought out a sour side of the owners. I've heard them say its hard to find good help.

As for the meat - you'd have to drive to the Meat House in Concord to get the quality of tips that JoJos offers, at about the same price. The meat at Heaths is not the same quality, unless extra chewing is your idea of quality. And the sandwiches are best around. The Subway at the end of the Neck road doesn't come close.

If JoJos marks up Walmart stuff by three bucks, so what. They are only open six months out of the year, so prices are going to be higher for things that are in demand. The rule of supply and demand still sort of works. If their prices were lower, people would buy more - but the owner gets to set the price, which impacts what sells, or what doesn't. There are times I have that "ripped off" feeling after leaving, but nobody is forcing me back, yet back I go. When I buy tips or a sandwich, I walk away with that "glad JoJos is here" feeling.