Thread: Geese !!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
Over here at the local private country club, they have put up a few Coyote Decoys near the ponds that are apart of the golf course and condo association. They have worked great, realatively cheap fix for a nasty problem. Your local outdoor supply store should carry them if not try online. Basically a flat picture with a "real" tail that moves in the wind. They also had for a period of time a "dead" goose decoy in one of the ponds, but I am not sure that it helped keep them away or was a joke by one of the residents.
YES!! The coyote decoys are very effective. We have a pond here at my work, and have had real bad goose probs. We had a dog, but as he got older he was very ineffective at scaring off the geese. He would be sleeping next to his dog house, and the geese would pretty much walk right up to him. I think they were even eating his food. Unfortunately the dog is no longer with us.
In the past year they have put out several coyote decoys, and they seemed to have worked very well. They have moved them around a bit, not sure if that is helpful or not.