View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #34
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Unhappy So Sorry

winnisummergal, I am so very sorry to hear about your losing your sweet little Bella. Our pets sure have a way of nestling into our hearts and it is gut wrenching when we have to say goodbye. You are not alone in your grief. Keep those memories close and wrap yourself up in them.

In time, I hope that you will be able to find another friend to love. When that happens, please know that you are not being disloyal to Bella. No dog could ever take her place. I still miss our first Cairn Terrier, Sam, that we had for five years and lost back in 2000. He had an endearing habit of ear sniffing. I think it was because he was too short to sniff butts.

As you might expect, I am missing my boy Mac like you would believe. I have been having many good days with a few bad times sprinkled in. Tomorrow is going to be very bittersweet as we have never made a trip to the lake without him. Bailey is such a comfort and I know she and Paul will help to get me through.

Take heart, we will see our furry friends again one day. They will be there at the door to greet us when we ourselves are called home. Until then, they are angel dogs.

Many thanks go out to Bear Island South for sending me such a comforting book! winnisummergal, look for my PM, I would very much like pay it forward and send a copy to you.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post: