View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 10:30 AM   #9
LakeDad

Default 20' Jet Boat vs. 20' Tritoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
We have owned more boats then I like to admit to.
At the lake we currently have a very comfortable tri tune and in Florida a fishing boat with a 300 Yamaha outboard.
We had a jet boat for about 6 years that was the worst boat we ever had , constant maintenance issues, always sucking up the bottom if we went to shallow, gas guzzler, imposable to drive at the dock . I would stay away from them

They are the worst. This is becoming widely known enough with seasoned boaters that it makes the issue more pronounced:

It’s usually noobs that buy a jet boat and then later figure out what is good and sell later, which means the jet boats (especially Yamaha bow riders) are usually a bad combination of lack of maneuverability and lack of pilot experience.

This is a stereotype, yes, but it proves itself with regularity. Aside from a rocky river aluminum boat, jet boats have far more cons than pros.

I watched the poor gas girl in wolfeboro drag a 22ft Yamaha backwards around the dock because the guy couldn’t get close. Another almost broadsided me because he was looking the other way and another nearly hit me stern to stern in Alton while I was docked. I had to risk limb to shove him away.

Can you tell I hate the damn things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote