View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 03:48 PM   #250
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

As I have taken the time to introduce myself and have fruitful conversation with ESA, I can now see why he got frustrated. I deal with these types of situations all the time so honestly the bickering on this forum doesn't phase me in the least....

lets talk about a couple of concerns, I am seeing raised.

1st, wing span over the wharf. Do you realize that a sea plane can be re-positioned very easily so that the wings are no longer over the wharf? And of the many pilots I have known of the years, I can't think of one of them that is ignorant enough not to do so if an emergency situation evolved. DEJ, I know you don't think so but is is pretty easy to move a small plane on floats around if you know what you doing.... A neighbor of mine use to do it all the time.. at his property... I myself have moved small planes around on land, once you know where what you can and can't grab a hold of... they move quiet easily.... We aren't talking about 747s here folks....

2nd, I think that everyone (including myself until I talked more with ESA), envision planes potentially be left for long duration. That isn't the case... what is the harm of an attended plane sitting there, that could fairly easily be maneuvered so that the wings didn't interfere with emergency activities. Honestly the situation isn't any worse then when the come to take the fire boat out for an emergency.... they have to get it ready, and people have to get out of the way....

3rd, do folks understand what it takes to secure a plane and leave it for a long duration unattended? its not so simple, and the way things are now, even with the posts shortened, that isn't even a consideration at the wharf.... And as long as the town doesn't allow improvements beyond cutting down the posts there never will be.

Once again cut ESA some slack.... If your concerned about growing business opertunities, the store owner is the one that has a vision that could change things, and add docking that would facilitate SEA Plane fueling at there already existing dock......

I suggest before getting all negative on this whole Idea people go spend some time at a small airfield. Get a feeling for how busy they aren't... Flying is an expensive game.... 19 mile bay will never turn into Manchester airport.... yep on any given weekend maybe a handful of planes would show up.... But not all at once.... and never for very long....... possibility of damage at the existing dock is to great.