View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 06:29 AM   #208
CowTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Seaplane Adventures View Post
I do not have distain for anyone. The people on here are hiding behind a screen name. We do not know who they are or where they live. Most I would venture are not from here, didn't grow up here, and know most of the people in this community. Most I would venture are seasonal people who speak of things like entitlement, but have large boats, and second homes and feel entitled to the dock. Most of the voices are from Islanders who feel like the town dock is theirs and the rules for blocking access to the fire boat don't apply to them and that they can hire people to bring things to them out on the islands and or do some sort of work for hire. Then they turn around and say that shouldn't apply to anyone except people from the islands. Public Dock to them means Islanders first and everyone else is second class citizens. This is entitlement, and distain, but it is not from me. They know they can't say, "I don't want a plane here.". So they come up with every reason they think to attempt to block it.

BTW- Sundancer 320. That's a nice boat! Have a wonderful day.

Epic Seaplane Adventures
“I do not have disdain for anyone” and then an entire post expressing disdain against island and other residents based on false assumptions. The people most affected here are island residents, many of whom have been here for generations, in addition to the mainland residents of 19 Mile Bay.

No island resident or island service company uses the Union Wharf in the way you seek. You want to base your entire commercial enterprise off public property. There is not a single example of a commercial enterprise being allowed to base its operations off town property (the Union Wharf or any other town property) in the way you seek without having obtained a permit/license (i.e., paying for it), a public bid process, and providing indemnification to the town for potential liabilities.

Town ordinance expressly permits the barges to use the wharf for up to an hour, and expressly prohibits using the wharf as you seek for more than intermittent commercial operation. This is not new, and has been the case for decades. You are the one that is seeking to entirely change what constitutes permitted use of town property. You are not entitled to this, period.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CowTimes For This Useful Post: