View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 07:31 AM   #25
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I second that !
As a taxpayer it is your god given right to have "expectations" that a significant portion of the monies paid will go to SERVICES that benefit the residents and in the past they have with respect to NH.

As NH brags the fact of no Sales Tax, they make it up in other areas or Fee's .... be assured of that!

To remain ON TOPIC (and not bash PBFirefighter for whatever pension he so justly deserves) the NH DOT has fallen way short of "expectations" for level of service that they themselves set for so many years prior with doing a superior job on the roads (including maintenance- not just snow removal).

and-
WynnDog -- your comment to PBFirefighter was TOTALY inappropriate (shame on you)!
True Phantom...
Now that I'm full time in NH I can compare costs with both residencies. NH is just as bad, if not worse, than living in Mass when it comes to tax and fees. The only way you make out is figuring in income tax. The rest of the fees are crazy, starting with what it cost to register a car.

I had no problem with wynndogs comment. But I doubt NH tax payers really believe that Mass has their roads clear because the taxes are so high.

Snow removal comes down to planning and the execution of the work force. Massachusetts highways are not plowed by state workers, is NH??
If the DOT does all the highways, then that's the problem. Maybe union plow drivers? Anyone know?
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote