View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
The alternative that I chose was to join the club for the year - they need the $30 more than I - and stiffed the state.
Currently Snowmobiling is dedicated funds. You didn't stiff the statesman. The clubs can use the money and Grant-in-Aid could use it too. Grant-in-Aid is the mechanism that the Bureau of Trails uses to distribute registration dollars back to the clubs for trail construction, equipment purchases, and grooming.

Registrations have been down in recent years due to the economy and will be way down this year due to the low snow and the economy. This is causing a huge scale back in funds being appropriated to clubs for the above mentioned items. Throw in the loss of RTP grants and it is almost a perfect storm for snowmobiling. Our sport will surely suffer.

Ohh, one other thing that is hurting clubs is the lack of volunteers. People are soo busy trying to keep up that clubs are not getting the volunteers as they did in the past. That and the fact the people aren't retiring at the same rate has the current retiree's getting a bit too old to be out working the trails like they used to and the new crop of retiree's aren't retiring quite yet.

We surely need a few good snowstorms!

Last edited by Irrigation Guy; 01-30-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irrigation Guy For This Useful Post: