View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #191
dave603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
You are making my point for me.

Are you saying the board came in one day and said lets take a $300m distribution, we can pay for it by raising prices?

Or did they say we have a huge amount of cash on the balance sheet, lets pocket some and we'll still have plenty left? You don't know the distribution schedule, this could have been planned for some time.

You don't know, and I don't know - but to say the only way to pay for a distribution is to raise prices or reduce spending/benefits is overly simplistic and not true. Companies accrue cash - at some point you do something with it.

Again - your theory is based on an assumption that cannot be proven. You assume prices will have to be raised, I see no reason why that is the only reasonable scenario.
The problem with that is, that money was slated to open new stores, some that were being built and some already built. They didn't open them. check into the new building in Waltham Ma. it's built and not opened, and has been for some time, so it has nothing to do with the current situation, they took the money instead of opening the stores.