View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #185
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
You nailed it (in a way), they now ARE the problem. So if they need to get back to work, the solution is to shut down the business based upon the bad things they say/think 'will' happen? Cant buy into that, sorry.

Enough emails and memos have been leaked - if there was a smoking gun that showed impending changes to employee pay / benefits / profit sharing / etc. that would have shown up by now. So I still dont buy into the premise here.....

'Fighting for what you believe in' is not acceptable if it stifles free enterprise or blocks me (or makes me feel like I need to provide a reason) from entering an establishment in order to make a purchase. Yelling at me if I do enter is just pathetic.

This is called impeding free enterprise. The company has been lenient and allowed protests to happen at their own front doors up until now. That needs to stop...and the only reason it would be allowed to continue would be they have written off the business and are waiting for the highest offer to shake itself out.

Who wins then?
Stan: when you are taking massive dividends they must be paid for in some manner such as increased prices, reduced benefits and/or limited capital expenditures. This is a penny business and choices must be made. I agree that customers shouldn't be harassed and as I posted above I don't think this is happening in a meaningful way. I also don't think the employees are trying to close the business rather they are trying to drive it in a direction that is mutually beneficial for capital, labor and customers. Further, when a massive non unionized workforce pulls together with this much moxie they know exactly what the facts are. One of the owners has a black hat and one has a white hat. It is cut and dry.