View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #159
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, but would be rather interesting.

So S now has control over the MB empire, clearly his philosophy is different and so long as he is calling the shots the "niche" or "advantage" MB has will eventually disappear and the future of the whole chain could be jeopardized. Plus no matter what the employees do, the one thing he cannot control is the customers.

T is certainly sitting on some serious personal wealth, and with his proven success, the way this situation has played out in the public arena, I would find it hard to believe that he's not contemplating the idea of pooling some investors together and starting up his own chain. With his track record, I'd certainly be an investor. I like his style, his discipline, his ideas of how to successfully run a business, keep it profitable AND take care of his employees. Heck the way things are looking, there will be ample space available when MB starts having to close stores. He also has a huge workforce that is ready and willing to work for him. Sure it stinks to start over, but at least there would no longer be any more family fighting, he could cash out what interest he has in MB sever the ties and go for it.