View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #153
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When I saw all the people protesting today at the job fair, it totally disgusted me.

Enough is enough!!! I was all for the workers in the beginning but now it has gone too far.

To destroy a company the way these people are doing it is insane. You can say the new CEO is the bad guy but I think different now.

However if that's what they all want to do then they had better be prepared to suffer the consequences.

OK, now let me have it!
I don't see it that way Rusty, from what I read, Arthur S. gained control and the first thing he did was make a $300 million distribution to the share holders. A move like this can be devastating to a company, especially one in such a competitive market. From what I understand Arthur T has been growing the company by leaps and bounds during his tenure, which is very capital intensive. The moves by Arthur S. are destabilizing and will, in my opinion, result in the demise of MB, as prices will have to increase to pay for things and cuts will have to be made, most likely affecting the employees. I think the employees are brave by putting it on the line, I think the board and Arthur S. never in their wildest dreams thought anything like this would happen. I think they thought of the employees as chattel, more akin to livestock than humans who can think for themselves. I think this was a huge miscalculation by the BOD and Arthur S. To me the prudent thing for them to do is sell out. They will get their money, and hopefully Arthur T. will be able to recover and make it work. I think the devastation of the company that is happening now, the fault for that lies squarely on Arthur S. shoulders, he should have been smarter, but hatred clouds judgment...

I personally will not step foot in a MB again, unless the employees get Arthur T. back, while I was not a regular customer, I was about to become one as they are building an MB near me...... this bums me out.

There are many employees at MB, some are young, some more seasoned. As with any large group of people, some will make mistakes, some are probably not too bright and will offend, and most are genuine and have asked for the customer's help. If avoiding MB will help, I'm more than willing to pitch in .......
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: