View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #132
Farfrumbehavin

Now that we are at 129 post, all of which have been very informative, written buy very many people with many views from different sides. I have a much better understanding of what's going on here. Suprised at how long this has gone on, while we are waiting for the next chapter of this book to end, let's get our pull our crystal ball down off the shelf, dust it off and tell me what you see looking into the future. The majority of what I know about the situation is what I have read here. Never really knew how employees felt about the company. We shopped at the Tilton store, went in worked our way through the crowd, happy to leave with our groceries knowing that we had saved come money compared to having shopped at Shaw's, where we would have had the store to ourselves. My crystal ball may need calibration but what I see, (because I have become a cynic because I am usually the bug and not the windshield) is that It's obvious that there are huge EGO's at play here given the history, and the person and people who have the power know they have it, and it has come down to simply winning at any cost.When the job fairs are over and everyone has been replaced, qaulified or not, and don't kid yourself, there are people who will take these jobs, the stores will soon be back open and cooperate greed will win again. And if people can SAVE $ by shopping at MB that is exactly what they will do. I can't make it a better place to work, but we are in a world where the rich just get richer, it sucks but it's the way capitalism works. Then the stores will fill back up with customers. Not because they are happy with the outcome but because they will save money. I like many people Hate shopping at Wal-Mart. but there are items that I will go in there for that I save big on, so I do it. We are on a budget! bottom line and my bottom line is more important to me than Arthur S's bottom line. I like 99.9% of shoppers will be gald they supported the efforts of the MB family,but when the smoke clears and everyone forgets about the whole thing because it's not a news story any more, they will be back in the stores taking advantage of the savings if that's where the savings are. I wished this whole issue would change they way they look at how they treat there customers and employees but the bottom line is the bottom line!
The Following User Says Thank You to Farfrumbehavin For This Useful Post: