View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
Tired of Waiting

Default This is what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
I have spoken to NH F&G about this issue and the law states (paraphrasing here to make it more easily understandable) only one lure is allowed to be used per line, and a lure is defined by a bait containing hook(s), so an Alabama Rig being used with only one of the baits containing a hook is legal, using the rig with all five baits all having hooks is not.

The question about a spinner bait being legal is answered by this as well as any other spinner/dodgers being used as attractors...the spinnerbait has one hook and an arm with attractors that does not contain hooks, so it is perfectly legal.

On another note, many fisherman that "drop shot" use a jig instead of a weight on the bottom of the line, with the other lure coming off the line above that, this would be considered illegal as well. Can not have two lures with hooks on one line.

Sorry if I get a little wordy hear, but I think it is better stated than what the F&G Rule Book states.
Thanks.

So the alabama rig is in fact legal if only one of the baits has a hook. Therefore the umbrella rig is also legal as long as the trailing bait is the only one having a hook.

This is what I thought.

And thanks for your effort in getting the true facts out.

ToW

Last edited by Tired of Waiting; 03-04-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: To fix a spelling error.
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote