View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #81
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Again not necessarily so. (hopefully) you don't eat and drink 3 times as much as the small boater when you go out to eat. Furthermore,increased tourism in the region (and not just boating) brings money to many businesses not precisely on the shoreline of Winni. Could be a win/win for the lake's region.

True.... Only time will tell but I think your conclusions are a little too hopefull.

Smaller boats use less fuel. Less expensive to registar and carry less people (normally)

Canoes and Kayaks don't normally go to lunch as a group.

We can only wait and guess what may happen with the smaller groups you mention. But I can speak for myself as well as many other friends who have GFB and the lake is not going to be on their priority list.

I love the lake so I will definately be there some of the time because my family is there.. But I know I would have spent a whole lot more then I will be which hurts the economy.

I will not guess or speculate as to what other "groups" of individuals may or may not do. I just know what I and my friends will do and that is contribute to economys elsewhere unfortunately.