View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #63
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
You see...my larger point is this.....You're right. People are not going to come this year. But here's the news. It has nothing to do with speed limits!!!!!
Yeah, people have pride. So they will indeed say foolish things like "we skipped the boat this year. Damn speed limits! Gonna leave it sitting for the summer." or " Yeah, we don't travel much at night for dinner. It takes too long with the new speed limits." They will say these things because they have pride. What they really mean is, "money is very tight, so we are cutting back for a while".
The Speed Limit is a very nice, convient scape goat.
Again a very good point that is speculative. You can not say that is the case for everyone. I know of many people with bigger faster boats and are not hurting what so ever $ wise, that have decided they do not need the hassel and will go elsewhere. In such a tight economy any small business owner will tell you every little bit helps.

I am sure you are right that there are people who will use it as a scape goat and pointing that out in this thread is your right. And I think others who may disagree with you deserve to be heard as well.

nothing personal.