View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #37
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boater View Post
Since the MP opposed the speed limit law I doubt that they'll be aggressively enforcing it. No one is going to be out there with a radar gun looking to bag people going 5 MPH over.

We are now in a 2 year test period for the law. Let's see how it goes. Let's see what the level of enforcement is and how it really effects the economy. After 2 years we can let our thoughts be known to the legislature.

There is one huge problem. The NH legislature is now more Liberal than the Massachusetts legislature. Nanny state laws are flooding out of Concord almost faster than we can keep track. With this kind of thinking in the State House a continuation of the speed limit seems likely. What were NH voters thinking when they completely reversed course and discarded the small government, Conservative principles that served the state so well for so long?
I am 100% in agreement with you. I moved to NH to get away from Mass... But it seems we have been over run.

The testing period is an absolute joke.... The had the intial testing last year. The winfabs pushed for the testing zones to prove how many "fast boats" are out there going at ludicris speed (any spaceballs fans out there?)... Anyway, once the data started coming in where there were almost no one going over 50mph they changed their tactics. They asked for the test to be called off for it wasn't showing accurate data (so they claimed) and started saying things like "see the limits do work. Because people knew they were being gunned they didnt go fast"

No matter what people will use data to show support of their cause.

I am just so fed up with the state and its liberal legislature that I feel nothing can be done. Logic and reason have been thrown right out the window.