View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #33
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
I had a boat and loved it but did not have the time to use it anymore and I enjoy paddling more, you would not catch me on the big lakes anyway before or after the limits, I enjoy my nature a little more remote and quiet.

But.., that list has some organizations that do a considerable amount of good on and off the lake. The AMC for example has done more to protect the accessibility of and the pretection of, forests around the lakes region as well as the rest of New England. To say that you will not patronize anyone on that list is quite a leap into the deep end. I am not trying to get into it, just pointing out that not everyone on that list is "Evil", but by the same token that would mean you will not be stepping foot on any of the trails in New England this year because you would have a difficult time finding one that has not had AMC members working to make them better or keep them clean.

Like I said not trying to start anything, just wanting to point out the broader scope of your statement. I do not support the speed limit in anyway. End of disclaimer.
I agree. I don't think the list is "evil" either. I still will go to dinner at many of the resturants. However, I will give those on the list credit for at least standing up for what they believe and advertising it. So many people hide their views and are willing to give support only if it is anonomous.

I absolutely do not support the limits, but I will not change where I am a patron because of these either. That will not solve anything.

It doesn't mean you can't mention it to the owner of the establishment if you have the chance to speak with them however.