View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #23
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Brk...

You prove my point.... If i go at displacement speed say 6-8 MPH, a round trip from the Weirs to Meredith will be approximately 1 1/2-2 hours... add in an hour or so for dinner.... it turns into a 3 hour tour! While some nights this might be enjoyable, on others less so.

At displacement speed you can forget about going to Center Harbor, Wolfeboro or Alton!! I would have to leave at noon and hope to be back at midnight!

At this point it just becomes easier to take the car... and thats a shame!

Woodsy
I am in complete agreement with Woodsy on this. I can't go 15 MPH to 28 MPH in my 29' boat without a huge wake and huge fuel comsumption. I can go 25 MPH, but I have to plane first and I need to go 28 MPH to 30 MPH to get on plane. Therefore, there might be a night or two where a very slow ride to Meredith might make sense, but if there is any chance of thunderstorms or if it is cold, forget it. We will either stay home or take the car.

I do not pay the high taxes and property costs to live on the lake and take the car to dinner in the summer months. It just does not make sense to me. Therefore, we are much more likely to eat at home this summer than to take the car to dinner. We might eat more locally and walk.

R2B