View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Heading south between Bear Island and Meredith Neck, there was an MP boat that appeared to be tied to a dock near Horse Island. He had a clear view up the passage and had no lights on. This was around 9 PM. There was plenty of light (obviously, or I never would have noticed the unlit MP boat), but it was about 40 minutes after sunset so the 30 MPH limit was in effect. That's a great spot/time to generate a little revenue.

The lake was really dead Saturday, wonder if he nabbed anyone...
Could be a patrol officer either lives there and took his boat home (I've seen plenty of state and sheriff's do that with their cruisers) or could have been over there on a call, not necessarily sitting waiting to bust somebody. Either way, I have no problem with the MP using whatever tactics they need to to catch the bad guys out there. I've always thought they should ditch the marked boats for unmarked ones anyways. Way I look at it, if your out there and doing nothing wrong no need to be concerned one bit at the presence of the MP. Give 'em a wave, they got a tough job out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: