View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #25
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Since I've stuck my toe back into these threads......

I keep hearing a lot of anecdotal evidence about the reckless operation of individuals operating rental craft utilizing temporary licenses. That begs two questions from me:

Has anyone compiled a list of accidents caused by or involving a rental boater operating with a temporary certificate?

Has anyone compiled a list of citations/warnings issued to rental boaters operating with temporary certificates versus citations/warnings issued to those captains with "regular" certificates?

I am in no way downplaying what some posters here perceive as a problem centered around rental boats and their operators but am just curious if any of that angst is based on solid statistical data.

Perhaps someone has already done that research and I have missed it amongst all the noise that some of these threads can generate.

Thanks
I've never seen any stats on the subject. Perhaps people would just Feel safer if rental boats had a lower speed limit than other boats.

Seriously, laws have already been passed without reference to any data, or even contradictory data. Why on earth would anyone want to see statistics now? If you look at the statistics from last year, the NWZ's look like a raceway
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: