View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #25
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs up I'll 2nd that opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
William Tell has the best food in the Lakes Region - hands down. Atmosphere is not the greatest, but I have not found better food anywhere.
The food at the William Tell is outstanding. Even if you aren't that familiar with German/Swiss cuisine, the other entrees are also terrific. I don't know what you don't like about the atmosphere, but we find the place cozy and very comfortable. There are no windows out front, but the dining area in back has casement windows across the entire back and white stucco walls with the shields of the Swiss Cantons displayed, and I love the stained glass window of William Tell and his son hanging in the bar area. I've mentioned the early bird specials in other forum discussions -- they are the best buy in the lakes region at $10.95! One thing I really like is no matter when we've been there (at least 10 times each year), the food always comes out piping hot. The service and the food are, as we Swiss/Germans say, "fabelhaft" (marvelous). I will also mention that we have no relationship to the owners, we're just happy patrons.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote