View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #23
jeffk

Default Exactly so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
But when my wife and I go out to a nice dinner, it is usually to get a break from the routine, including kids, and a nice, quiet, dinner is exactly what we crave. The last thing I want to have to deal with is a batch of loud, whiny kids at the next table. Well-behaved, polite ones are not a problem. But the problem is that definition seems to be different for different parents.
Some kids are extremely out of control and some adults simply have low tolerance for kids, especially if they are looking forward to a quiet meal. Mixing the kids and the adults may result in dissatisfaction on both sides.

And it's not just the kids. Many parents, when politely asked to keep Bobby or Suzy from bouncing on the back of my seat, throwing things into my lap, or screaming in my ear, will get extremely indignant that I would suggest that their precious child is in need of control.

Canoe has implemented a policy of separate dining areas, which is a reasonable solution to the issue. If that results in a wait and you don't want to wait, patronize one of the other fine establishments in the area.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote