View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #19
Newbiesaukee

Default Canoe and kids and Corner House

I hate noisy kids, ill-behaved kids in restaurants. Having said that, the children policy at Canoe has come up at least several times in the Forum. The chef/owner has ( on the Forum) said that there is one dining room reserved for adults only (16 and over) and children are welcome everywhere else in the restaurant. This may sound good, but the problem seems to be that there is uneven implementation of the policy (and lack of clarity of what the policy is)and the fact that it keeps coming up suggests there is a problem with the policy. Unfortunately,I think it really is not very practical. I tend to agree with others that cell phones and drunk diners have ruined more meals than children. It may be that poorly behaved children are usually raised by rude folks with cell phones and drunks....

On another note, the Corner House ( on Rt 109 in Center Sandwich) is one of my favorites in the area with a very wide ranging menu from the casual to the upscale. They do hire some help from abroad during the summer ( students who stay just for the summer). Their English is not always perfect, but they are understandable (if you listen) and if there is a problem other staff picks up on it. They usually try hard and it is is worth the little extra effort. I do understand that this might be off-putting from some diners but I try to stay relaxed at the lake. I have no relationship with anyone at any restaurant.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote