View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #13
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Unfortunately, I've had too many meals disrupted by ill-mannered children who seem to take after their parents to agree with you. I think the idea is rather than have to confront the parents of these kids, the management would rather have a separate section.
While I don't deny even myself having had a meal interrupted in restaurant buy a yelling kid or upset kid. I believe this to be a minor problem. And while I can see a restaurant trying to keep a kids free section, I can't understand someone like Formula being turned away because the "kids Section" is full, and the kids free section has many empty seats, that it is segregation at its best. I understood, while not fully agreeing, when smokers slowly began loosing their rights. So I guess now that the smoker have been segregated into second class citizens, we need to move onto something new. Yeah punish people for having kids, yeah that's fair.....

There is a fine line between what is acceptable and unacceptable. And when health is a concern, such as with smoking, I can understand. However, Kids don't pose a health risk, and this I can't understand. People have to learn that life doesn't always get to be designed to fit what they want. Tolerance made this country great, what is happening to that quality??