View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 07:46 AM   #7
MeredithMan

Default How does the story end...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
The plant on Windcrest Road is the one I think you are talking about. My recommendation is to get a lease for a year and renewable for a second year. There are so many opportunities in the company that he can make some location change in the future if he wants. Not many condo's in Rutland. That is why Killington may be a great bet for a young person. Take a quick drive up there...Woodstock has great places to eat on the way up and back. Drive around.
So the plant HR person connected my son to another GE employee who owns a duplex in Rutland. The guy lives on one side and rents the other. It's an old house, but it has been totally renovated...very nice. And the best part is, my son only has to show up with his clothes and personal items. It is fully furnished and stocked with pots, pans, plates, you name it. We've met the guy a couple times and he seems very nice.

We've also quickly become big fans of the Hop 'N Moose / Rutland Beer Works. Their giant soft pretzel and pizzas are great. My wife loves the Blueberry Blonde beer and my son and I are partial to Lake Monster. A great find!
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: