View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 09:43 PM   #51
ApS

Post There's Also "PC" Hirelings To Consider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
Nice one off story.
It's hard to forget. My neighbors, driving their Cadillac, returned from grocery shopping in the dark. A carload of robbers tried to force them into their house. The husband, a tennis player in his 70s, put up a pretty good fight in their carport. The commotion got my attention, so I walked out into my front lawn--got shot at--and exchanged gunfire with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
I am not suggesting reducing the number of street patrol units I am suggesting removing all the duplicate management level people in all these small towns and consolidateing management and chiefs. The result would be substantially more police on the streets and fewer chiefs etc with nothing to do and no prospect for promotion
One week after the above confrontation, they struck again, using the same M.O. This time, the victim was Robert L. Shevin, back then, the State's Attorney General! I didn't know he lived just across a canal from me.

Bob Shevin's community, Pinecrest Village, is a "bedroom community" for perhaps hundreds of other lawyers who need only 15 minutes to commute to the downtown Justice Building.

That village subsequently became incorporated with its own police force, becoming the newest of 40+ towns and villages in the County.

BTW: Back when the FBI was doing actual detective work, two agents were shot dead there in 1984. (Before Pinecrest Village became incorporated).

Trying to "undo" what has already been done--especially by lawyers--is a fool's errand.

As for reducing "chiefs", that's not how law enforcement works: Underlings either collect more pay, more overtime, more inventive time-off schemes, or get promoted. Where I worked, the workload is down, but they've hired twice the people; worse, there's one paid supervisor for every three people!

Besides, if a Carroll County Sheriff's Deputy were to receive a call regarding a confrontation at "Chipmunk Hollow", how many minutes would his response-time be from nearby Alton?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote