View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #15
escaped from NJ

Default Kill the lights... please

Agree that island homes should use outside lights sparingly when needed. We used to have complete darkness and could sit on end of our dock and watch the stars which were so bright. The complete blackness was great for sleeping. Now we have a cottage across the lake from us that has a spotlight on all night that shines right over to our dock. It's about 1/4 mile away but surprising how it shines across the water. It really kills our star watching. Then we got new neighbors that put "party" lights on their dock and porch on one side and on the other side, the neighbors have a motion activated (but sometimes left on all night) spot light that shines into our bedroom window. I know I could get black out blinds/drapes but I like to wake up with the sun. That light isn't too bad unless it is on all night.

We don't know either neighbor well. I've thought a lot about how I might approach them but I decided it isn't worth the potential bad will. It's really the spotlight across the lake that is the most offensive and I don't know them at all. Hope they are reading this.
escaped from NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to escaped from NJ For This Useful Post: