View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #18
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
This thread, and the links within, provide the kind of personal connections most of us have for the area- Beautiful.

One of the things I find most gratifying...
Posts from people of those days seem more intelligible than much of what I read these days.

No one is perfect- but the lack of proof reading, grammar, punctuation and overall care of the messages being submitted today are sometimes hard to read.

I'm not saying that the "intents" of messages are lost- but the reading of some is tedious.

OK, now correct me!
I discontinued my subscription to The Hartford Courant daily newspaper about eight years ago. I was dissatisfied with the service as they threw my paper in the brook one too many times. I've been getting my news online ever since.

One of the biggest things I've noticed, and this seems to be getting worse over time, are the grammatical errors that seem incessant with online content. I think this is a result of everyone trying to be the first out with the latest scoop. Accuracy is compromised for speed and I'm not sure that too many people care. I realize newspapers, magazines and the like are dinosaurs but I do miss the slower pace where it felt like journalistic pride came with a good story written well.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: