View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 08:48 AM   #26
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default We need another word to describe the shots.

In my humble opinion, the word "vaccination" doesn't really describe the shots because to my pea brain, it means you won't get what you are vaccinated against. Of course, I, and most of us, know it is only going to lessen the effects if infected. (My wife and I can attest; we've been vaccinated and had a breakthrough case back in the beginning of Oct. Felt a little crappy for a day or so and that was it).

So, I looked at other words like inoculate or immunize (a famous QB favorite ) and they don't, to me, fit any better. Couple this with a myriad of "experts" quoting their reports and statistics as gospel, and we remain in a constant flux as how to proceed. For those who love to quote statistics, I remember my statistics professor on our first day of class saying to us "Welcome to Statistics 101. This is where you will learn to tell your side of the lie.".

So, I guess I will live with vaccine, vaccinations, vaccinating, etc as being as good a choice as ever, and hope that all realize it's not a cure or prevention, and that we will end up living with it and probably getting a flu shot and COVID shot annually.

Kind of a rambling and thanks for listening.

Dave