View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I offered under the advertised price for a used Kia Soul and was turned down flat by the dealership. They wouldn't budge from their price. Maybe they were waiting for an offer over the advertised price.

Regarding Subarus, I lost my respect for Subaru after helping a friend get the head gaskets replaced on a Forester with 85,000 miles. It was a major headache---only a well-informed and persistent consumer could figure out which replacement gasket was needed and avoid old stock in the warehouses by demanding to know the serial number. The problem lasted from 1998 through at least 2011, which is a very long period to not acknowledge and fix a problem, with no recalls. Imagine what all those owners went through trying to fix the problem and trying to get compensation from Subaru. For me it will take a long time for Subaru to earn back its reputation.
We can disagree on Subaru Back back to your Kia--I would work the phones. You just need a dealer who is more focused on rapid turnover and volume than on price per car. Call every dealer within an hour from your home, tell them exactly what you want, and the price you will pay. Then give them a CC deposit if they will meet your price. We've done this at least 3 times with great success. On this most recent car just a few weeks ago it was the first number we called. The dealer was selling his cars as they were in transit.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote