View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #15
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I offered under the advertised price for a used Kia Soul and was turned down flat by the dealership. They wouldn't budge from their price. Maybe they were waiting for an offer over the advertised price.

Regarding Subarus, I lost my respect for Subaru after helping a friend get the head gaskets replaced on a Forester with 85,000 miles. It was a major headache---only a well-informed and persistent consumer could figure out which replacement gasket was needed and avoid old stock in the warehouses by demanding to know the serial number. The problem lasted from 1998 through at least 2011, which is a very long period to not acknowledge and fix a problem, with no recalls. Imagine what all those owners went through trying to fix the problem and trying to get compensation from Subaru. For me it will take a long time for Subaru to earn back its reputation.
This is one of the reasons that the Subaru Forester switched to a timing chain beginning in 2012 (something they should have done years previous).

The Subaru Forester is generally one of the best vehicles you can buy according to Consumer Reports (and has been for many years).
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote