View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 10:52 AM   #14
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Or just determined. We helped my daughter buy a Subaru Impreza a month or so ago. The dealer in Belmont, Mass wanted $3,000 over list. (On a $20,000 car) Five minutes on the phone enabled us to get the identical car from Acton, Mass for list price.

When these guys try to take advantage of the situation, the best thing to do is pick up the phone
I offered under the advertised price for a used Kia Soul and was turned down flat by the dealership. They wouldn't budge from their price. Maybe they were waiting for an offer over the advertised price.

Regarding Subarus, I lost my respect for Subaru after helping a friend get the head gaskets replaced on a Forester with 85,000 miles. It was a major headache---only a well-informed and persistent consumer could figure out which replacement gasket was needed and avoid old stock in the warehouses by demanding to know the serial number. The problem lasted from 1998 through at least 2011, which is a very long period to not acknowledge and fix a problem, with no recalls. Imagine what all those owners went through trying to fix the problem and trying to get compensation from Subaru. For me it will take a long time for Subaru to earn back its reputation.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote