View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I've been looking for a Kia Soul for a couple of years. Reason: I need a compact car with lots of volume in the back with the seats down for multisport camping trips where I have gear for camping, kayaking, biking, and hiking. Also for hauling yard debris to the dump and home maintenance stuff from Home Depot. The Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V are too big for me.

Until very recently, the mechanical reliability ratings for the Soul were excellent, even above the Honda Fit. Then I started hearing about engine problems in certain model years. Does anyone have any more information about this, or personal experience?
No personal experience. I believe there was a class action suit on some Kia's and Hyundai's but I don't think the Soul was a part of it. Depending on how old a model year you are looking at you may be able to buy one with a lot of the factory warranty left on it, Kia tends to have very good warranties.

If the Rav-4 and CR-V are too big, maybe a Suburu Forester? My daughter has one, I've found it to be the most room in a small car I've ever experienced. Suburu had engine problems in certain years as well but you'd have to look into the specific years to be sure.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote