View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #11
NH.Solar

The problem has never been the speed of the boats, but rather the "slowness" in the thinking of so many of the drivers.
That being said removing the speed limit on such an overcrowded body of water is a recipe for disaster. The issue again isn't the speed of the go-fasts, it is the difference between those boats and most other boats on the lake ...and the actual number assigned to the speed isn't the issue, it is the mindless thinking of so many boaters. My last boat could make it from the docks in Wolfeboro to the dock in Center Harbor in 21 minutes (FLL, were you on that late Sept ride? We did touch 107 ...and there was no wake), but one of my scariest moments came while driving the largest barges on the lake through the narrow channel by Pick's Point and having two jetskiers decide that they needed to stop and have a conversation directly in front of the barge. 60" of steel barge and a twenty foot pushboat don't stop or turn without at least minute of pre-planning, even at barely six miles an hour.
As a lover of high speed boats I never thought I would hear myself say this, but the speed limit needs to stay in place ...during the weekends and holidays
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post: