View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #12
SailinAway

For an oil change and tire rotation I much prefer to go to a small local garage that I have a relationship with and trust. They will take the time to talk to you about any other problems they or you notice, without trying to sell you unneeded repairs. One such garage is Sanborn's in Laconia. My current favorite is Ed Kingsley in Franklin. I recently paid $66 for a synthetic oil change and tire rotation at Kingsley's.

I like to put quite a bit of research into tires before buying, especially given the increase in cost since my last purchase. I find that the best expert reviews are at Tire Rack. My last new tires (on a Scion xA) bought according to the expert reviews were the General Altimax RT43, recently $89 at Walmart. Again, I would probably have my local garage install them. A backwards installation (wrong tread direction) on my current car led to premature tire wear.

These small local garages are worth their weight in gold. You still have to be vigilant until you get to know them well, though.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: