View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #27
Dad sold the C * C

I also feel that Shore Things is a valuable contributor to this forum. I was on my local conservation Commission in MA for 10 years and understand how careful he has to be when posting on a public forum. We all have our personal opinions on government intervention in our lives, but once you choose to work on the side of the government (paid or unpaid) you are obligated to enforce the law. You do not have to be a Hard__ss all the time; personally I tried to look at every project separately, and tried to interpret the law in a fair and equitable fashion for each applicant.

When we started to look for a lakefront house I came on this forum and read just about every post from Shore Things. Along with that, reading the regulations and my experience I was able to eliminate several properties and eventually settle on one that only needed a new septic system I have had good experiences with DES on two project so far, septic and shed, they have been very fair and responsive.

Now when it comes to moving rocks (or other small things)..... Always be nice to the neighbors most of the time the authorities become involved because a neighbor drops a dime. Also, don't do something obvious like "make a beach", then decide to raze the house and KNOW you will be getting a site visit.

So please, do not cause such a valuable resource to stop posting because she is giving you reality; you may not like the rules, but they are the law.

Last edited by Dad sold the C * C; 09-19-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote