View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #26
Newbiesaukee

Let me be clear...our winter home is in a city with ridiculous restrictions such as...no pick up trucks, even personal ones, allowed to park overnight on your own property ( this was changed only last year). A building permit needed to paint your house, etc., etc. I do "bend" these rules at times.

However, I think Shore Things analogy is absolutely appropriate. If the Lake is public, then certainly that includes the bottom. I live on the waterfront. I am used to bass fisherman coming next to the dock but if I move a large rock which makes it difficult to maneuver from my property, and there are some, should not,the bass fisherman have the expectation that the rocks would be in the same place as the last time he visited so he does not run into one. It is also HIS lake bottom.

Judging from the responses and the solutions rendered on this Forum we are not only talking about moving small rocks we stub our toes on but including significant boulders.

To stretch the analogy further, we probably would not be very happy with a fisherman moving rocks from the front of "our property."

We probably all ignore silly rules...but I don't believe we should be dismissive of Shore Things very logical comment.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: