Thread: Meet Cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #19
jmen24

Default Another Option

dpg, we were in the same boat as you when we got our Pointer, Denali. For those that don't know this breed is second only to a Greyhound in flat out sprinting speed. They are bred for speed and stamina (when we play ball in the yard I use a bat to send his tennis ball, because nobody can throw a tennis ball for hours on end). He also hated his crate and started chewing at the wood furniture and trim around the house during the day while we were working on his freedoms. Not knowing what to do, we talked to our vet and they recommended Doggy Daycare. I can tell you that was the best $17.00 per day we ever spent on him. He would go 3 days a week during my work hours. When I picked him up, he was asleep in the front seat before we hit the end of the driveway and would be chill at home on his days off.

He was able to do his thing as wild as he wanted it while out with his friends and we could relax and enjoy him more when we were home together.

The other benefit is that he is well socialized! We have not encountered a situation with other dogs, aggressive or passive, that he does not know how to handle the situation whether on lead or off. The daycare facility had on average 75 dogs a day ranging from Mastiffs to toy breeds. Indoor and outdoor play areas, they had lunch and even nap time.

He stopped going when he was 4, but we use the same location for boarding when we go away. We add him into the daycare group everyday during his vacation.

The best thing we could have ever done for our buddy and us!
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post: