View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 01:28 PM   #62
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick52 View Post
You just crack me up. No way are your posts for real. Anyway...A study by the University of Wisconsin-Madison found that lower speed limits on inland lakes in Wisconsin reduced the number of accidents and fatalities.

A study by the National Marine Manufacturers Association found that slower speeds reduce the risk of accidents and injuries, and that boaters who travel at slower speeds are more likely to be wearing life jackets.

I feel better about myself knowing that God put me on his great earth to amuse you! I tried finding the studies you referenced - 10 minutes - with no luck. Maybe you can provide links?

I know what I see and believe. Like many on this Forum I have been boating for many years. I’ve witnessed firsthand what I have thought were dangerous and unsafe situations. An example is some yahoo coming out of the channel with literally dozens of boats in front of him, bow up, full throttle. That’s dangerous. I have never thought or gauged some guy with a fast boat on open water with no one around him as being dangerous. I guess with the decline of common sense, we are forced to adopt silly rules. The irony is that those who lack common sense probably don’t adhere to rules anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: