View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 12:49 PM   #30
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Where was anyone disrespected? I didn't feel disrespect, nor do I think I disrespected anyone else. We have a healthy disagreement about something we all feel passionate about -- our beautiful lake!

My issue is the overreach of government. I know, we see overreach in our daily lives, from driving a car to building on property. The examples are endless. I get it, we have restrictions on almost every aspect of our lives.

However, this does not make it right or mean that it is correct. We saw this with COVID -- government overreach that shut down small businesses and destroyed way more lives than the overreach was intended to protect.

If we focus and are vigilant about stopping the small and unnecessary overreaches, like stupid speed limits on lakes, then maybe perhaps we will prevent the future large overreaches.
The message I got from your post is, the people that voted it down have lots of time on their hands because they aren't very busy, as in not working, but the people that want to see the speed limit raised were too busy working to show support for it?