View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 11:17 AM   #24
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Well I guess this must be the new reality. 23 to 2, 18:0, 700 to a handful...all a minority. It brings to mind another "minority"... the 80% of NH reps who supported the bill a decade ago that made 45/30 law, with an even higher percentage of reps from towns bordering the lake in support.

I feel sorry for those individuals who cannot or will not grasp even the basic tenets of physics, statistics, probability and science. But yikes...100,000 boats on the lake. I'm glad it will continue to be illegal for them to exceed 45 MPH!
Newsflash, boaters exceed the speed limit routinely. Watch the boaters going down Paugus Bay on a weekend, especially an afternoon. It really hasn't had any effect on fast boats going fast.

Go into any marina and take a poll. I guarantee it is 80% against the speed limit. Unfortunately, most of those folks are too busy to write to their representatives, and know that it is probably a fruitless effort. Take a poll of the 80% of representatives you reference, how many of them own a boat.

I earned a mechanical engineering degree in college, and did quite well in physics, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: