View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 07:56 PM   #18
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Unfortunately, as with many other issues in life, we have a vocal minority who is making a loud stink about go fast boats. There is absolutely no data that supports that a speed limit makes our lake any safer. Those of us who have boated for a long time, and have owned fast (and in some cases very fast) boats, know that a person doing 40 mph in one situation can create a far more dangerous situation than a person doing 90 mph in another situation. Speed has almost nothing to do with safety. The best and safest boaters I know have owned fast boats.

I guess a lot of this comes down to common sense. Fifty years ago, a car manual showed the owner how to change the transmission. Now that same safety manual has prohibitions against drinking battery acid. We have people in Concord who have never owned a boat making decisions based on what feels good in the moment. We have people in Concord who are fearful that their constituents will drink the battery acid. The rest of us are caught in the cross fire.
Well, from what I read, it was a vocal majority that shot it down, not many of the vocal minority for, cared enough to showed up!

Last edited by Biggd; 03-10-2023 at 08:20 AM.